Tuesday 5 September 2017

Near Hawkshead

The house we stayed in near Hawkshead, in the Lakes, was about a 20 minute walk from the village itself.  It must be one of the more scenic 20 minute walks in the world!  Classic English countryside with Lakeland Fells in the background.

One of the things that always blows me away when I get back to the UK, is just how green it is.  The two pano type shots are an attempt to play with the idea of a green sea, because the movement of the grass in the wind reminded me of waves.

The other two shots are just small stream beds that caught my eye.





You can find more shots from around the world at Our World Tuesday.

12 comments:

  1. Scenery doesn't get much better. I just love the Lakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, beautiful views and scenery! Great photos. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the stream bed especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! (Makes me feel a little homesick.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One can easily see why the Lake District received so much attention from English poets who were no doubt as enthralled with its beauty as you were, Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We often watch BBC shows on Netflix and the countryside always looks beautifully green ....I'm glad to hear that it is true! (I hope the murder rate, based on the shows we watch, is an exaggeration ;)).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't the English countryside wonderful? I'm so glad I was able to visit last year. My husband didn't want to go to Britain, so I went by myself. I had a wonderful time sightseeing with a friend in Scotland, and other friends in England, but I don't think I'd like to do it by myself again.
    Thanks for the photos!
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful scenes! Lovely countryside.

    ReplyDelete